Saturn Sky-- Mallet version - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saturn Sky-- Mallet version
Friday, March 24, 2006 8:43 AM
American tuner Mallett Cars is planning a high-performance version of the Saturn Sky. Mallett already sells two hotrod versions of the Pontiac Solstice. The first version sells for $37,995, can hit 60 mph in 4.2 seconds, and can beat a C6 Corvette through the quarter-mile. A top-end supercharged conversion package adds another 200 horsepower. The 600-hp beast can be had for around $60,000. “The Mallett V8 Solstice has been, and continues to be, a huge success,” the company said in a statement. “The Saturn Sky promisses to be yet another high performance addition to the Mallett Collection.” I'll keep you posted as more details emerge…

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Saturn Sky-- Mallet version
Friday, March 24, 2006 8:48 AM
BONER!!!

Friday, March 24, 2006 8:51 AM
omg haaaaaaaawwwwwwwttttnessssss!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, March 24, 2006 12:17 PM
Oh man, I can't wait to see that come out.

Have a good one,
Justin

Friday, March 24, 2006 12:35 PM
the sky will out sell the solstice

LOL

Friday, March 24, 2006 1:09 PM
The Sky is gorgeous.

Friday, March 24, 2006 2:56 PM
Quote:

The 600-hp beast can be had for around $60,000.

Now thats "bang for your buck" taken to the next level !!!

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Friday, March 24, 2006 3:59 PM
Graden wrote:
Quote:

Yeah but does that $60K include the cost of the car? Most of these companys dont include that if im not mistaken, so add another $20. Even so it still wouldnt be to bad i guess. I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time lol. I wanna see some pics!

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:01 PM
that's gonna be so bad ass. I'm not a 2 seater roadster kinda guy, but I'd so own one.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, March 24, 2006 5:19 PM
drew k wrote:
Graden wrote:
Quote:

Yeah but does that $60K include the cost of the car? Most of these companys dont include that if im not mistaken, so add another $20. Even so it still wouldnt be to bad i guess. I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time lol. I wanna see some pics!

its not 20k

try 25-30k

Friday, March 24, 2006 6:09 PM
The car is supposedly included in the price.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:10 PM
i met chuck mallet recently, he told me 700 of the solstices have been ordered, absolutley nuts!

Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:38 AM
used to race RC cars with the guy... its kinda fun living around the corner from that shop...

whats even better is he has tons of 2.4 ecos he doesnt know what to do with.... wohahahahahaaha

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:13 AM
I cannot imagine 600hp in a little roadster. You would need one solid steamroller type wheel to catch traction with that thing!!!

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 3:08 PM
taken from malletts site

"ONLY 100 CARS WILL BE BUILT! With a base price of only $19,995 (not including car) they will be sure to go fast. Packages are still available. Order yours today!"

http://mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

unless they changed their pricing , something is off with it

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:10 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:The car is supposedly included in the price.

The first upgrade is $19,995.
The price of $60K Sky is the top on line upgrade (S/C V8) with car included.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, March 25, 2006 10:10 PM
Check out this v8 Solstice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Solstice-2006-Pontiac-Solstice-Mallett-V8-RARE-Lowered-Reserve_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6386QQitemZ4625145924QQrdZ1

WOW!!!!! Why couldnt they do this from the factory? Wow wow wowow wow is all I have to say.... that is one BADASS car.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 10:47 PM
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:Check out this v8 Solstice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Solstice-2006-Pontiac-Solstice-Mallett-V8-RARE-Lowered-Reserve_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6386QQitemZ4625145924QQrdZ1

WOW!!!!! Why couldnt they do this from the factory? Wow wow wowow wow is all I have to say.... that is one BADASS car.

thats the mallet solstice.

But I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why they didnt do it from the factory. Only way I could see it happening was if it was for sure slower than the corvette. But there could have been emissions reasons, I dont know how that works with weight and size and such. Cost? I'd imagine the ecotec and LS2 require significantly different setups in the engine bay. Most GM cars that come with more than one engine choice usually use all the same things. Trying to keep insurance down for the consumer, trying to keep people to buy it since most people think V8 = god awful gas mileage. I sure there is a huge list. None the less, a v8 in those little cars is nice and looks good.
Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:36 AM
NOtice how easy the v8 fits inside the solstice. THats no mistake.
But this car was simply ment to be sold at the 20K mark. THats why no V8s inside.

ANd why build a cheaper, faster car than the vette. THat wouldnt make sence in GM eyes I dont think.

Mallet dosnt sell a do it yourself kit but another company is working on one. I was thinking turbo but now Im thinking V8 myself. But that would be a couple years adown the road if ever.

I am all that is man

Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:17 AM
^ Personally I would've liked to see the Vortec 4200 I-6 (290HP and 277TQ) in these Kappa triplets.
Can you say BMW Z4 competitor.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:24 AM
-ESB- wrote:Mallet dosnt sell a do it yourself kit but another company is working on one.

The other guy is here

do it yourself V8 kit

with pictures on page 11, plus there is some good reading on it also, with Mallet getting in there too talking about it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search