Custom Interiors - Page 3 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Custom Interiors
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:22 PM
oh yes, i forgot to mention that they also did my door panels. i actually do have a picture of them. here is one of them primered and wetsanded. Its ready for paint. Let me know what you guys think. They are getting painted purple metallic !

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:40 PM
Mennitti--> isn't that more of a reason to rip your car apart?

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 3:54 PM
Hehehehehe.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:47 PM
how much was it for the door panels? im getting my dash doen by them soon.

"Boost tuning"....... have you had your 8 PSI today?

future name of the winter shop!!!
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:09 PM
Heres some of mine.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:30 PM
they did my both door panels for $350.00 but it was definitely worth it. my boyfriend attempted to fiberglass my doorpanel and messed it all up. So i went and got a new panel at the junkyard for $20 bucks haha. But I definitely recommend these guys to anybody. I want to get my rear speaker deck done too. That will happen eventually but not now.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:47 PM
kudos erikka c.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:50 PM
hmmmm 350 huh..... thanks

"Boost tuning"....... have you had your 8 PSI today?

future name of the winter shop!!!
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:56 PM
OK, back from the dead!! I didn't initially post pics of my interior b/c it was still stock. However, I am now joining the likes of Mennitti and Big Poppa

Which makes me wonder, Poppa - you said that you extended the wires for your cluster?? Mine are plenty long enough to reach the center, hell even like 3-4" to the right of center... Why'd yall extend your wires? Just somethin' I was wonderin' about...

Now onto the pics, you're gonna LOVE the base under the f/g

I'm afraid that not everybody gets to know my plans for the rest of the dash :evil grin: Because I don't want somebody that actually has time to work on their car to beat me. So far my interior has been stripped for over a month What I will tell ya'll, is that the whole dash is gonna be custom-made, there will be a full-length center console, and a custom rear deck

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:51 PM
Nice job. Looks symetrical, and better than what mine used to look like. You have a newer car and apparently the wires are longer to the instrument cluster.

However..... whatever you are doing better be top notch cause Big Poppa and I both have redone our interiors for 2006..... I have an idea of what you are talking about doing and it sounds realy cool, so bring it!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:03 PM
Oh christ, lol. The model year explanation sounds pretty good.

I haven't even thought to measure my dash, lol. I just said "Meh, that looks about centered" I should take a tape measure to it 2nite and see just how close it is...

Lil clue, what I don't have in numbers, I'll make up for in size (don't want the clue to be too obvious haha - but I bet you already know what I'm talkin' about)

At least I don't have to worry about you and Poppa competing against me in Chicagoland :knocking on wood:

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:42 PM
Well Maybe the sunfiire was different with the cluster wiring? B/c even after I unhooked the clips that held the huge amounts of wires together to the frame of the car, and after pulling and yanking at it, I was still short a good half foot to the center of the dash...so that's the reason for the added length.

here are a few pics of the updated progress on my interior if anyone is interested:

Door panels that I've been working on:

and a picture of the rear seat set up I've been working on:

The tubing in the center will have blue neon lights on each side, and a fog machine hooked up from behind.

I still alot of work to do on the car before it's anywhere near completion...alot of small detail work aswell.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:12 AM
^ Wow Fog machine?? lol. That's definetly a show-style interior! I'm hoping to make mine look stock, with a twist kinda. I basically want the front to look stock when I'm done, but when you look in the backseat and truck, people will be in for quite a surprise

Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:08 AM

I thought i would chime in alittle

Here is CavyTech

Tenzo Rail 2 Racing seats
7 Inch TVs in the doors/ PS2
AutoMeter C2 gauges
Short throw B/M shifter
Suede Snakeskin
Momo Sterring wheel
Shaved interior door handles - now on solonoids
Shaved / Smoothed the headliner - Raised Logo
Shaved /Smoothed out the dash pad
Shaved all the turnsignal/wiper switches

cavwhat@yahoo.com

Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:32 AM
^ Are the red switches your turns and black on/off is wipers or something?? I never even noticed that you shaved the stalks lol. Marty really threw that backseat-delete together!! lol, j/k

I'm kinda likin' the snakeskin look lol. Somewhere in this thread I think was a grayish snakeskin that looked really sweet. Dunno what I'm gonna cover Ashley's insides with tho... Ronnie, check your PM's

Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:06 PM
Friday, November 11, 2005 3:46 AM
I cringe everytime I see that interior, because I know I would stain floor mats or something the first time I sat in it.

Friday, November 11, 2005 5:49 AM
i wanna know how you get in and out of that, i can't locate any door handles in the pics !!!!
looks great though

Friday, November 11, 2005 6:21 AM
buzz122 wrote:i wanna know how you get in and out of that, i can't locate any door handles in the pics !!!!
looks great though

He has shaved doors w/ door poppers, and there are switches inside the car to pop the doors I'm planning on doing the same with mine, I didn't even know that he had it done till that post

And dayum Ronnie!! I called Marty last nite and was talkin' to him for a few minutes, and he told me about the suede stuff you have, and the price per yard and how many yards! I've gotta save money before I can get my interior done up by him! lol. It probably won't be ready for covering until the spring anyway tho, gonna take me awhile to do the whole interior - and just wait till you see the plans for the back doors

Friday, November 11, 2005 6:31 AM
i wanna know what happens when the battery dies in the car...
whate are doing with the rear doors? reverse lambo maybe?

Friday, November 11, 2005 7:08 AM
^ I thought about reverse lambo, but that would be far too difficult, and the opening into the car would be hard for even a child, let alone an adult - I'm 6' 135lbs, and the front lambo's are hard enough to get into, almost gotta be a gymnast/contortionist Sucks havin' a bad back...

As for the battery dying, the solenoids really don't use that much power. I wouldn't be too worried about it, but I'm also going to add battery/jumper posts under the car somewhere so I can get into the car via jumper if the battery drains to the point of not working the solenoids.

Friday, November 11, 2005 7:13 AM
you leave a battery cable that runs to the bottom of the car and leave it capped off. When bat dies thats where you jump it.

Friday, November 11, 2005 7:18 AM

Friday, November 11, 2005 7:24 AM
Fatalic CAVI <-- I like that, it looks clean, simple but very very nice...
what is the use of the speaker under the hvac? is that your center ch.?

Friday, November 11, 2005 7:26 AM
^ That's just extra 'fill' not a center channel. He has a matching one on the back deck too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search