High Stall Torque Converters - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
High Stall Torque Converters
Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:36 AM
I just wanted to find out if anyone here supplies high stall torque converters and at what price and tech specs ectr on the units for the J-body.

Thanks

Ian
www.rezlo.com

Re: High Stall Torque Converters
Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:21 AM
Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:47 AM
Just out of interest, how many people have installed theirs? I was hoping some people would get some install pics and testimonial of how just that mod changed their car's performance.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Sunday, December 04, 2005 11:10 AM
I wish I could tell you I have mine installed...but......It's been sitting in my room for 4 months now I'm just too lazy to bother with it......

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:52 PM
mines been installed and love it i didnt get much for pictures of the install but if i had a pair of drag radials it would be a good gain in the 1/4, with all my mods in my reg i have bad traction issues launching at 2900 with street tires i cant get better then 2.3 60's. it is especially helpful if you have more top end mods cause you can get into your powerband alot faster of course.

very well worth it mod

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, December 05, 2005 1:06 AM
Im a little shocked to read that ebay sales pitch,

The reason I asked was that ive sold a few GM units over the last few weeks and one of my customers said I should post here that I build them as he didn’t know of anyone else till he purchased one of my units. I sell converters to over 50 clubs with thousands of sales to date and have read a lot of interesting things but that sales pitch is on for the records, one thing that I don’t understand is the fact that they are ready to ship and he doesn’t tell what stall rate it is, all converters should be made to customers specifications as no two people want the same thing from their vehicle,

I build fully furnace brazed units with custom re-enforced stators, custom fin angle pump drives, custom load bearings threw out, upgraded clutch’s ectr, units are then CNC welded then micro balanced, then go threw a pressure and vacuum test then are coated before being shipped.

Here is the link to the converter specs and pricing HI STALL TORQUE CONVERTERS

I cant sell my units for what they are sold for on ebay as I as a manufacturer can even make them for that price, my price for the majority of GM’s is $360 shipped for a 2400rpm street converter, each unit is completed within 2 days of paypal payment and shipped only Via UPS.

Remember that when you have your transmission rebuilt they will always replace your converter, don’t let them charge you $200-400 for a stock rebuilt unit when you can upgrade for neer the same price to a far stronger and higher stall unit, near all private trans shops will not void a warrantee if is within 1000rpm of stock stall either.
Anything you require over 2400rpm or a custom unit is not a problem, just email me and ill get back to you as soon as possible with an exact price, the reason I quote on 2400rpm is because that is a perfect street stall with ZERO drivability issues and ZERO reliability issues, the units will act just like stock till you pass ½ throttle where you will then feel them stall up faster during pull aways, all the info on them can be found on the above link if you would like to know more.

If anyone here is interested or would like to know more, your welcome to email me ian@rezlo.com .

Ian
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:38 AM
Why are you shocked? You should have of emailed me before posting.

The price is low on mine because I am in charge of inventory liquidation for Yank Converters.The retail was much higher. Actually, 360 is way too low for a new unit.

Anyways....

The units are a new built. Not a reman.

Where are you getting these custom pumps? Those take very complex dies and machinery.

Where is all the information on your site?

--------------
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:47 PM
So are these converters2.5K or 2.8K?

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:09 PM
They stall at about 2500 on factory type motors. Slightly higher if you have mods.

--------------
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:16 PM
i have a 2800 stall Yank torque converter on my floor... up for sale

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:37 PM
Well, Im gonna hve the whole P&P, cams, blah blah so maybe.

Meantime Matt
How mucho?
Unused never installed?

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:25 PM
Rezlo R wrote:Im a little shocked to read that ebay sales pitch,

The reason I asked was that ive sold a few GM units over the last few weeks and one of my customers said I should post here that I build them as he didn�t know of anyone else till he purchased one of my units. I sell converters to over 50 clubs with thousands of sales to date and have read a lot of interesting things but that sales pitch is on for the records, one thing that I don�t understand is the fact that they are ready to ship and he doesn�t tell what stall rate it is, all converters should be made to customers specifications as no two people want the same thing from their vehicle,

I build fully furnace brazed units with custom re-enforced stators, custom fin angle pump drives, custom load bearings threw out, upgraded clutch�s ectr, units are then CNC welded then micro balanced, then go threw a pressure and vacuum test then are coated before being shipped.

Here is the link to the converter specs and pricing HI STALL TORQUE CONVERTERS

I cant sell my units for what they are sold for on ebay as I as a manufacturer can even make them for that price, my price for the majority of GM�s is $360 shipped for a 2400rpm street converter, each unit is completed within 2 days of paypal payment and shipped only Via UPS.

Remember that when you have your transmission rebuilt they will always replace your converter, don�t let them charge you $200-400 for a stock rebuilt unit when you can upgrade for neer the same price to a far stronger and higher stall unit, near all private trans shops will not void a warrantee if is within 1000rpm of stock stall either.
Anything you require over 2400rpm or a custom unit is not a problem, just email me and ill get back to you as soon as possible with an exact price, the reason I quote on 2400rpm is because that is a perfect street stall with ZERO drivability issues and ZERO reliability issues, the units will act just like stock till you pass � throttle where you will then feel them stall up faster during pull aways, all the info on them can be found on the above link if you would like to know more.

If anyone here is interested or would like to know more, your welcome to email me ian@rezlo.com .

Ian

sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't advertise like this without a business membership. its against the rules

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:25 PM
The Other Matt wrote:i have a 2800 stall Yank torque converter on my floor... up for sale

curious, how much are you asking?

"don't race ebraking idiot honda drivers" - BlackEco
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:32 PM
200 + shipping to US address

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search