2 vacuum ports on internal wastegate - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 vacuum ports on internal wastegate
Saturday, September 24, 2005 7:57 PM
I recently installed a 60 trim turbo on my ohv and it has 2 ports on the wastegate. I was hopeing if someone could tell me which one to use or both is I am not running an electronic conroller. I adjusted the wastegate and it still seems to not be gateing off. Building way too much boost and gettin scary!!

Re: 2 vacuum ports on internal wastegate
Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:38 PM
depends on the type. throw up a pic of give a good description and i can tell ya.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:22 AM
Its the one from the side the other one is just a vent to atmoshere pressure do not hook up both or the wastegate will never open.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:15 AM
Ronald Gill wrote:Its the one from the side the other one is just a vent to atmoshere pressure do not hook up both or the wastegate will never open.

^^ what he said. now, to adjust the wastgate, the screw is very insensative. i believe it's 2 full turns = 1 psi. you have to tinker with it in order to get it right, which is why I prefer external wastegates and MBC's. It works easier if you swap out the cotter pin for a hair pin too, saves time.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 2:26 PM
what do you mean on the side. the ports are both on the same side of the wastegate. which one do i leave open?
Sunday, September 25, 2005 3:36 PM
for some reason when I see the wastegate actuators with 2 ports that's a dual-stage actuator?

At least that's what I thought?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, September 25, 2005 5:24 PM
Look closely. That is a dual port wastegate actuator. the one closest to the compressor housing is the one you use the second one is for a manual boost controller in which you hook up to the thottle body for a good vaccuum source.

01 Z24 Turbo
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search