Its Alive.... 56K take a nap..... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Its Alive.... 56K take a nap.....
Sunday, July 26, 2009 8:20 PM
Well, its been a year since its been down, but the car is alive again. Still in the process of breaking in the clutch, but so far so good. Cranked her over for the first time last Sunday. After priming the oil and making sure the pressure was good, Gave it some fuel and she fired first crank. Still in the process of doing the driveability tuning, but hope to strap it to the rollers here soon. I have been fighting the urge to go WOT and its killing me. So far I have gone 1/4 - 1/2 throttle and it builds boost really quick. Even cruising on the highway in 5th gear, you can feel it just wanting to go. The specs are in my profile and here are some pics.. I hope to get some numbers up soon... BTW, I am still cleaning it up, but some of the AN fittings/"T's" stil have not come in..

Tommet/CAVCRZY "breaking in" the motor.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: Its Alive.... 56K take a nap.....
Sunday, July 26, 2009 8:48 PM
Good work dude!! Looks fricken killer. You should deff. post up sum good numbers

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Sunday, July 26, 2009 9:06 PM
Looks great . I am kind of surprised you did not go with a mini battery and try and put your intake in the fender well.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Sunday, July 26, 2009 9:13 PM
Almost, almost, almost...There we are...

:-)

Im happy for you, reminds me of when I was getting mine running :-)

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, July 27, 2009 4:37 AM
always loved this car

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, July 27, 2009 5:04 AM
Hell yea Ryan, congrats man! Can't wait for numbers.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 27, 2009 5:52 AM
That is one amazing setup! Ya, breaking in the clutch after putting a bunch of stuff in is the worst!!! It's like putting candy in front of a kid and saying. "im gonna leave. Now dont eat that delicious candy."

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Monday, July 27, 2009 6:15 AM
Awsome dude. Congrats. It looks amazing.

Monday, July 27, 2009 7:37 AM
I've decided I would like my head studs back.........can't wait for numbers once it hits the rollers

Monday, July 27, 2009 10:26 AM
Gorgeous!

Now you just need to find somebody to tune it!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, July 27, 2009 10:55 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:

Now you just need to find somebody to tune it!

-Chris-
Don't think that will be a problem...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, July 27, 2009 12:48 PM
lolz.

looks great. glad it got humped in properly.

Monday, July 27, 2009 1:09 PM
Glad to see it all back together. Good luck!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 27, 2009 2:21 PM
love it. cant wait to see it!

Monday, July 27, 2009 3:39 PM
Nice setup you have there. i know it has a lot of potential.

now lets see some numbers.....dyno, track etc.
Monday, July 27, 2009 5:47 PM
its good to see some ohv love out there. still full well knowing you could make more power with a dohc platform but thats cool. id love to see one of these engines get to 400whp.

btw what do you charge to tune?

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Monday, July 27, 2009 9:54 PM
im just glad you decided to stick with it even after all the wait and hassle.

Monday, July 27, 2009 11:29 PM
newb question............ which engine is that.............. i didnt know that body style came with an 8v head.

mike

i make neons go fast.........

Monday, July 27, 2009 11:36 PM
ammfab wrote:newb question............ which engine is that.............. i didnt know that body style came with an 8v head.

mike

That would be the 2200 2.2 which was in J's from 98-02 I believe.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:34 AM
Mmmmmm GT3076r. So are you planning on running in excess of 1 bar boost? I see you're successfully running the GMSC reflash, which should prove quite inspirational to those who choose to build this engine.

My fingers are crossed for at least 350whp @ 1bar boost, and potential for >400whp at higher boost.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:40 PM
oooooooo lala

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:35 PM
oldskool wrote:Mmmmmm GT3076r. So are you planning on running in excess of 1 bar boost? I see you're successfully running the GMSC reflash, which should prove quite inspirational to those who choose to build this engine.

My fingers are crossed for at least 350whp @ 1bar boost, and potential for >400whp at higher boost.

u thinx both him and i are planning on running more than 2-bar boost......

Im expecting to see one of us breech the 400hp mark in the near future. by the way things have been going for me....im guessing he is going to beat me to it (a$$ hole)

Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:24 PM
John Benham wrote:
oldskool wrote:Mmmmmm GT3076r. So are you planning on running in excess of 1 bar boost? I see you're successfully running the GMSC reflash, which should prove quite inspirational to those who choose to build this engine.

Im expecting to see one of us breech the 400hp mark in the near future. by the way things have been going for me....im guessing he is going to beat me to it (a$$ hole)

But but,...wht about mee?

We 2200 guys gotta stick together...than stick it to the ecotecs...lol

I doubt I'll be near 400 with the stup im at....probably need a bigger turbo and a fuel system to go along with it.

Ryan was the one and only reason i went for the GMSC reflash based PCM software...I love it. It really is a piece of cake. So inspiration accomplished.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Friday, July 31, 2009 6:21 AM
Alex Richards wrote:
John Benham wrote:

But but,...wht about mee?

We 2200 guys gotta stick together...than stick it to the ecotecs...lol

I doubt I'll be near 400 with the stup im at....probably need a bigger turbo and a fuel system to go along with it.

Ryan was the one and only reason i went for the GMSC reflash based PCM software...I love it. It really is a piece of cake. So inspiration accomplished.
LMAO.... I love it guys! I agree, us hi potential HP LN2 guys do have to stick together... Thats why I gave you some "demos" for the better 2bar tune. I want to see more clean hi HP 2200s ....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, July 31, 2009 8:20 AM
So... it's been 5 days. Isn't that the allotted time on the .org to expect dyno #'s? You asshats got up my ass about dyno #'s after day 3... lol (And just to be a prick I've waited 3+ years lolol)

Seriously though, has it been on the road yet? How's it feeling? I know you have to break the motor in a bit but a few psi of boost is allowed to help seat the rings...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search