What rear sway bar will i benefit most from? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What rear sway bar will i benefit most from?
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:29 PM
I have the Koni Sport package....Which is koni springs and yellows. I also have front and rear strut bars...and 215/45/17 tires. Idk if tires matter. But i want a rear sway bar.....Which one will i "neutral" my steering most?

Re: What rear sway bar will i benefit most from?
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:38 PM
I have no idea but I do have the Koni Yellows Freedom Design front and rear strut bars Eibach Pro kit lowering springs. I have a Subframe Brace and Eibach front and rear anti sway bars that are sitting in my garage that I will be adding later this week hopefully.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:58 PM
that honestly, will all depend on what you will have your struts set at as well as how your car handles AFTER you install all the stuff and have the base set.

theres roughly 3 main choices of a 19mm bar, 22mm bar, and 25.4 rear bar...

same goes for the front. theres not a perfect choice or answer that fits everyone, it all depends on how you have it set and how it handles now.

read this

http://www.angelfire.com/md/TOWSONFTBLPLYR/Setup.htm

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:24 PM
Event your a genius and always there for someone in need. I think im gonna go with the RKsport one. It the middle size i guess. What do you think?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:34 PM
Ad1kTed 2 SpE3d wrote:Event your a genius and always there for someone in need. I think im gonna go with the RKsport one. It the middle size i guess. What do you think?
you should have a 22mm stock front bar. if you dont plan on autocross or track days i would say get the RK bar. but if you want to autox and track days then get the addco25.4mm bar. If it were me i would get the addco and call it done! but the choice is yours

see ya!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:52 PM
not a genious... just one who has made ALOT of mistakes you should have seen me the first time i ran a 25.4 mm bar without ANY front bar... needless to say those tires didnt last long.

nova pretty much covered it. if you front is that size...and you get that bar, you can fine tune the handling via the struts...

or get a 22mm bar and fine tune via the struts making the rear stiffer... either way depending on what you run now, lets say you are in the middle of adjustments....

you should be able to stiffen if you get the smaller of the two bars or soften if you get the bigger of the two...

all depends on how its riding now.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:47 AM
so what year does the stock J come with a front sway bar? What model?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:26 PM
All years (3rd Gen)
Cavy Base: No bar
Cavy LS: Smaller bar, 18mm
Cavy z24: Bigger bar, 22mm IIRC

Sun SE: Smaller 18mm bar
Sun GT: Bigger 22mm bar

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:35 PM
So could i go wrong in any way with getting both a front and rear set?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:43 PM
firewolf23 (Kevin) wrote:so what year does the stock J come with a front sway bar? What model?

check the FAQ, it has a table of contents and i listed all the swaybars and the years and the codes should be there as well.

and yes you can go wrong with getting a set....

mainly you should only add what you need. like the guy in the other swaybar post asking for a TRUE swaybar... which is kinda like having a TV, but asking for a "true tv"

he bought a kit, but in a car that already has understeer, he got an eibach kit with a big front and smaller rear.....

no wonder he didnt feel a difference.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:09 PM
like he said though it would be a good idea to pick up a 25.4 mm rear bar and then tune your suspension from there. If it still isn't what you want you can always throw it up in the classifieds and try a new setup.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:12 PM
^^ it still depends on what you want out of your car, if you throw a less experienced driver in a car with allot of over-steer, they might be headed for trouble. you can tune a bit with the stiffness of the yellows, but you can only adjust so far.

deciding what rear bar to get all depends on what you have in the front, if your going to replace the front and add a rear bar. etc.

I was also under the impression that the front was was more year specific than what was listed above. Base model no bar, LS / Z24 what the bar was for that production year.phase 1,2, and 3 (some say there was a 4, I haven't confirmed it, so I'll leave it alone)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search