need info on "bagging" plz no flame - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need info on "bagging" plz no flame
Monday, August 28, 2006 7:11 PM
i want to run a bag setup on my car but every one tells me to go with air struts.... i wanted to know if for the simplicity im looking for i could you bags instead of struts... two bags for the corners in front and one bigger one in the rear... two if i had to... and jsut use regular struts... i just want the option of laying body when i park really... can i have a layout or a plan a little better than mine? thanks.

--------
t-minus 2 weeks till car looks strait...

Re: need info on "bagging" plz no flame
Monday, August 28, 2006 9:04 PM
just an FYI... you have a Z24 not a Z28, a Z28 is a camaro (your profile)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:49 AM
you can do it that way but it will all have to be custom made and it will be very bouncy. i dont suggest doing it this way. you can do it for the rear but i wouldnt for the front.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 8:38 AM
baggedcav- why would it be bouncy? it would actually ride better than strut bags.

Sabol- your only option on the front would be to use strut bags or cylinders because of the axles theres nowhere to place the bag. unless you want to get fancy and do a cantilever setup. The back you can do with bags just look up esbs old setup
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:10 PM
im sure its possible to do on the front but no one has ever really taken the time to design it and lay it all out.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:45 AM
i would suggest air struts or airbag struts...

u could run bags in the front and back...but u would have to fab everything yourself..heres a honda w/ bags up front...just to give u an idea...

the back u can do about anything u want...but dont use one bag or cylinder...use 2..
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:23 PM
esb's rear setup up was really nice. look his up

Re: need info on
Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:18 PM
You cant do what they do on Hondas. They have an upper and lower arm with a spindle. Totoaly dif setup. It would be cheaper in all ways to just buy the struts made for the car for the front.

The rear is easy. Some angle iron up top to mount bag and a plate on the bottom. Didnt take long to weld this in. I did manage to catch my pants on fire and had some old school JBO guys laughing at me.

Notice there is just one little peice of angle iron used on the bottom plate to keep it from bending down from pressure. Dosnt look like much. Just a one inch long weld. But it stood up to a hell of a lot of hoppin.

I am all that is man

Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:23 PM
The stock J shocks work perfect damping the ride of the bags. About the only thing they were ever good for. BUT. they will not alow full drop of the rear end. It will sit about level with the front when it drops. Take them out and you get about 3/4" more drop. BUt no shocks and bags will have your rear end airborn on the highway. People tell me my rear end jumped a foot off the road when going down a bumpy highway with no rear shocks.

I am all that is man

Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:34 PM
Holy crap. I need to stop looking at all my old pics. Been driving this Solstice for 8 months and while its fun. It just isnt my old Cavy on air
Ive had a brand new set of front easystreet struts since last Christmas. I guess I need to buy another J to go on them

IN this pic the car has the stock rear shocks in place. I think it sits nice and I could drive it at 0psi.

I am all that is man

Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:39 PM
-ESB- wrote:
Ive had a brand new set of front easystreet struts since last Christmas. I guess I need to buy another J to go on them

How much you want for them??? lol

-Brandon

Friday, September 01, 2006 7:11 AM
someone offered him $$$ and beer at the last Texas meet...he started to laugh...then proceeded to put out a fire..

Friday, September 01, 2006 6:08 PM
LOL yay he's comin back! someone sell him a cavy ASAP!!

1st 1st gen on air.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search