KYB break in period question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KYB break in period question
Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:34 PM
is there a required break in period for KYB AGX's or is it safe to drive with them set on 2 and 4 from the factory? Should I set them to a lower setting after installed and ride with it there or is it safe to just leave it?

Re: KYB break in period question
Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:57 PM
Standard procedure for all new shocks/struts: Set them at lowest setting for 500 or so miles (usually about a week to two weeks). Then play with them all you want.

It's not 100% life threatening necessary or anything. But it's a good idea none the less.

Re: KYB break in period question
Friday, March 24, 2006 10:23 AM
I just talked with KYB technicain about this b/c I wanted to find the answer once and for all once I seen this post I called them directly.

He said never use 1 in the front and 1 & 2 in the rear for a lowered appication as those two settings are for stock OEM dampening and if you lower you can blow the strut within 500 miles.

Also for the break in period, he said they are ready to go right out of the box. As for myself, they came out of the box with 2 front and 4 rear. Currently I'm running 2 front 3 rear on my agx/pro-kit setup, but I'm going to bump my rear up to 4 as they were when we installed them. I just wanted to soften up the ride a little, but since the snow is starting to disappear I want to try 4 rear again.

So there you have it. No break-in period and dont use 1 front and 1&2 in the rear.

Regards,

J
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search