Creakin sound... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Creakin sound...
Monday, January 16, 2006 8:29 AM
I have Drop zone Coils (i know...save it) and im gonna be changin them to Weapon R

shortly and also get some Koni Yellow's for my front/rear (currently on Tokico HP)

well...before i put the order thru- should i order th front camber kit..

i have a big drop on it now...and wannna keep it that way-but when i turn the steerin

wheel i hear this creakin sound only from the front....raising it isnt really an option

and an alignment is commin after the new Koni's are on--so...should i just order it

and see if that'll work...or could it be somethin else?

Re: Creakin sound...
Monday, January 16, 2006 8:38 AM

just a small pic for ref.

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:14 AM
dude i dont know what it might be but mine makes the same sound as urs when i turn the wheel except im dropped on megans and koni yellows so i hope u find out what it is dude good luck

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:25 AM
did the coils come w/ bearings? if it did, they may need to be greased. if they didnt you may wanna get some. check your mounts and make sure their not shot either.

also dropzone to weapon r coils, isnt much of a change. save the money and get a good set of coils

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:35 AM
well i was lookin @ the Skunk2 or the RK ones...

but idk yet...i've already orderd the Weapon R...but will more than likely sell those to

get the RK ones..

::shurgs::

but regardless...i orderd the camber kit just in case..and see if that'll fix it

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:35 AM
that should have read..

::shrugs::

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:42 AM
lower quality coilovers don't come with bearings. You go cheap, your going to have problems.

Just get the Ground Control, or RKSport Coilovers, or go all out and get Gravana's, or Teins Coilovers.

-Chris

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:36 AM
sell the camber kit too, you dont need it

Monday, January 16, 2006 11:25 AM
IamRascal wrote:lower quality coilovers don't come with bearings. You go cheap, your going to have problems.

Just get the Ground Control, or RKSport Coilovers, or go all out and get Gravana's, or Teins Coilovers.

Monday, January 16, 2006 11:28 AM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]
event wrote:YOU DO NOT NEED CAMBER BOLTS!!!!! camber isnt changed much. so no matter what your friends and shops who drive imports say, its not needed. not unless you go extreme at like 3.5+ inches, but if you go that level, then CV joints will wear quick and you'll most likely blow struts riding around... so you might as well buy camber bolts, cause on reg suspension you'll be paying more in due time... but if its something regular lowering, you do not need em.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=90481&t=90472&r=2#REPLY

and the CV joints will be replaced shortly....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search