wanting info on Top-Feed conversion (LN2) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wanting info on Top-Feed conversion (LN2)
Monday, February 01, 2010 2:32 PM
I've searched a few different variants of "Top feed conversion" and came up with very little, if not any information on this swap. I've heard it said many times, but not once have I seen it done, or what major benefits there are with this conversion. I know if this is done, larger flowing injectors can be used, say, ford brown tops, but how exactly would one go about doing this conversion?

I should have all the components required right off hand to be able to do this, but I'm just not sure how. I'm going with boost within the next 2 years for this engine, with a full build, and the only thing that is slowing me down theory wise is the fuel system. I've already got a plan for the pump, and other components, but I still find flaws in the final outcome.

Any help?

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!

Re: wanting info on Top-Feed conversion (LN2)
Monday, February 01, 2010 3:33 PM
Step 1) Acquire 2200 rail and injectors (and maybe harness clips, can't remember)
Step 2) Bore out injector openings in outer manifold so that 2200 injectors will slide in and seat
Step 3) Bend mounting brackets on 2200 rail to sit against top of manifold
Step 4) Enjoy infinite injector options

I never finished mine, so this is from memory. I'm sure someone will chime in with clarifications/corrections.

And no matter what some say, I guarentee you that the 2200 rail is the easiest option, by far, especially if you want OEM injector angles.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, February 01, 2010 3:41 PM
Monday, February 01, 2010 3:43 PM
I have looked into this in the past and found lots of information and pics...I will see if I can find it on the computer for you

Monday, February 01, 2010 7:08 PM
I got access to a fuel rail for an LD9. would it be any better?

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 1:31 AM
No. The 2200's fuel rail has the same injector spacing and angle as the 2.2 OHVs. The LD9's is completely different.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search