Found this looking for a Biggger Throttle body - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Found this looking for a Biggger Throttle body
Monday, March 23, 2009 9:10 PM
http://www.ultimateresourceguides.com/content/freemods/chevy-cavalier-freemods.html

Sorry if this is a repost.. Do you guys think modification 1 and 6 work?

Re: Found this looking for a Biggger Throttle body
Monday, March 23, 2009 9:14 PM
I meant 1, 2 and 6

Monday, March 23, 2009 9:25 PM
One in theory number 1 sounds like it might help although I think you would be hard prressed to see the reults on a cavalier on the dyno.

Number2 I doubt will help as the fuel flows through the line at a decent pace and they just are not exposed to that much heat. Once again in theory it sounds good but I doubt any real word dyno tests on a cavalier would show a gain.

Number 6 Does not apply to our cars as we don't have coolant running through the throttle body.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, March 23, 2009 9:27 PM
#1 and 2 it seems like they work on paper but i doubt you'd feel any difference.
#6 doesn't apply because as far as i know none of the 3rd gen j-bodies have heated throttle bodies.... not even the Canadian ones.

Monday, March 23, 2009 9:30 PM
Cool.. Thanks guys! Just curious

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:53 AM
#1, I have done before.Can't say I could really tell. I stopped doing it and can't tell.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:55 PM
Egad..

Quote:

you will pick up roughly 1 whp, dyno proven time and time again

1 hp? Wow. That might be noticeable on a 60hp Honda. Yet, there's no dyno proof to be found at all on the site. What a dip @!#$.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:24 PM
i don't see number 6 helping much even on a V6 that has it

my L67 TB has next to no coolant going to it to see more gains i would have to remove it from the SC completely meaning i have to pull off the supercharger and block it off at the lower intake manifold

heres a 7 on a V6 or V8 paint the bottom side of your Lower intake manifold White. they say it reduces heat in the LIM, i say paint will peal and plug up a lifter or pushrod

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:39 PM
i stopped reading once i saw he was working on a honda....that explained the whole write up...........1whp? wow...i think itll try it on my scooter where it will actually mean something

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:48 PM
free stuff that does nothing

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:57 PM
agreed

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:47 AM
NOTa2_4 wrote:

heres a 7 on a V6 or V8 paint the bottom side of your Lower intake manifold White. they say it reduces heat in the LIM, i say paint will peal and plug up a lifter or pushrod

Color only has to do with heat from a light source...

Take to pieces of metal on painted white on painted black. Put them in the oven they will both heat up at the same rate.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search