I know... OHV builder... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I know... OHV builder...
Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:38 AM
ok.... im looking to get some new valves, rockers, rocker springs, and pushrods. what should i get... i want to get most of my stuff at Summit racing what should i get. help me!!!! by the way, i have already serached other forums. i want to be turbocharged with in the next year (FYI) thanks alot guys

Re: I know... OHV builder...
Sunday, May 27, 2007 12:56 PM
jbody performance carries all of the things you are looking for, but most parts can be found for cheaper elsewhere. karo carries stainless valves for our cars. I beleibe his page is carcustoms.net. summit might have the roller rockers that you want. Here is a link to them http://www.howellautomotive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=7

Sunday, May 27, 2007 2:21 PM
Performance Valve Springs, are going to be the hard part. The best thing we've been able to come up with has been to use Comp Cams LS1/LS6 Beehive Valve Springs (Part Number 26915), use the '97 & older valves, for additional length, and have the valve spring seats cut the additional depth to fit the springs. Here's a thread with more information on the 2200 Valve Springs. It's a long thread, but you'll find some good information in there and see what we had to go through getting there.

The following is a list of old threads concerning the 2.2L/2200 OHV, that conain alot of good information.

2.2/2200 Rocker Arm List. This one should help you with chosing rocker arms. The Howell kit is good, but can be a bit pricey for those on a tight budget.

2200 Power Record. Really long, good information.

I/E valve ratios SBC vs. LN2 vs. LD9. Some good technical stuff.

LS1 1.7 Rocker arms on 2200. An older thread dealing with rocker arms. Basically you don't need that high of a ratio rocker arm, just get a cam reground too fit your needs better.

OHV Lifter thread.... lets get a discussion going. Lifters can be a problem, especially if you use too high of a spring rate (such as the JBP Springs).

Peer pressure and the OHV. Some random tech info about the 2.2/2200 OHV motors.

I see from your profile you have an Automatic Transmission. Here are a couple of threads for better performance from them:

Stock Torque Converters, 3 Speed Gears and more. Although this thread deals mostly with the 3 speed TH-125C / 3T40, the information about torque converters applies to the 4 speed 4T40E also.

3 speed auto, finally done and finally installed. Although an older thread and the pictures are no longer available, this thread covered alot of the things that can be done with the TH125C.

These threads are but a few of the more informative threads that I saved to my favorites, more are available, if you use the Search Button at the top of each forum. For more on Boosted 2.2L/2200s look into SteveFire and JuicedZ4's projects. Booth are outstanding boosted cars that are nearing compleation. OHV Notec and Slowolej both have really good projects going also.

Sunday, May 27, 2007 7:39 PM
^^ What he said!

And if you PM Madjack a few questions you will have to wait some time, but you will get the most informative response youve ever read!

Im just here to show some mutual OHV appreciation
Sunday, May 27, 2007 9:36 PM
i have rockers for sale never used if ur intrested
Monday, May 28, 2007 12:48 AM
im looking for rockers pm me what you got.
Monday, May 28, 2007 10:09 AM
IF I DID ALL OF THOSE NEW PARTS, COULD I INSTALL THEM MYSELF? hOW MUCH HP COULD I POSSIBLY BE GETTING?
Monday, May 28, 2007 11:09 AM
Rockers and pushrods you could do yourself. Valvesprings and valves are more in depth (valves require removing the head). Don't expect much of a gain with bolt-ons.

Oh yeah, THERE'S NO NEED TO YELL.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search