Are OBX... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Are OBX...
Monday, April 23, 2007 6:48 PM
...spark plug wires any good? Seen some on eBay for 40ish bucks shipped. If anyone knows of better wires too, please mention it. I'm going to be replacing my coils, wires, and plugs before the end of spring. I am getting the MSD coils, and NGK iridium plugs, but still unsure about wires.

Re: Are OBX...
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:19 PM
I had a set for my civic and the were junk. The conductors inside of the spark plug boots pulled out when I was trying to change my plugs one day.

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:21 PM
I forgot to say either go with MSD or Accel wires.

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:23 PM
I've got Taylor plug wires, pretty good plug wires & reputable company

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:31 AM
Yea, I was kinda thinking in the back of my mind that it being eBay and as cheap as it was that they WOULD be cheap wires. I'm gonna get MSD if I can find a set, and the MSD coilpacks. I think that will be my LAST performance mod on the car as it sits now. From then on, all my mod money will go into savings for an Ecotec engine transplant, Spec 2 clutch, flywheel, header, and POSSIBLY the GM S/C kit for the 03+ J-body.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:22 AM
Kid before me had accel's on, piece of @!#$ plugs, one boot fell off the coil, apprently it did it before. I switched those back to a stock replacement damn quick. Mind you I had them on my Trans Am, and never had an issue, same goes for Taylor's.

You could also probably try NGK wires, most auto suppliers can get them, it's probably what I'll try next time around.

There will always be someone faster than you, but thousands slower and dumber than you.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:50 AM
OBX FTL

Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:33 AM
Gonna jack my own thread here, but wth does "ftl" and "ftw" mean? I've been seeing both terms on here alot, and don't have a clue.

Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:38 AM
FTL= For the Lose
FTW= For the Win

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
Sunday, May 06, 2007 12:49 PM
cavmattz is rite. I have some accel wires on my 2200 and they work great. the only prob i had was that they all came the same length. obx rips off everything from other companies. you get a deal on their parts, but everything they make is inferior to the real deal.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search