Official exhaust sould clip thread (sticky??) - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Official exhaust sould clip thread (sticky??)
Monday, March 06, 2006 9:09 AM
^ That sounds pretty nice from inside Magnaflow cat-back tho?? A couple local guys have that w/o header & cat, and it sounds too bumbly bee for me So either the bumbly is hard to hear from inside, or the H&C makes a big difference

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1103 MILES, $7500 OBO ^^^

Monday, March 06, 2006 9:26 AM
It does sound great. It's not raspy or "bumble beeish" at all I was surprised that it ended up sounding so good.

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:56 AM
added another resonator/test pipe (16") now my car sounds like what i wanted. It is not loud crusing it sounds a little louder than stock. I will try and get a good sound clip.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:34 PM
- AEM CAI
- RkSport 4-2-1 Header
- Dynomax Hi-Flo Conv. 2.25''
- Magnaflow cat-Back single 2.25''

Outside

Inside garage

Club J-Body Delta of Quebec, Montreal Division Event Planner

My Car Domain
Mon Char.Com

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:14 PM
Wow.......just a word of advice......get the BIGGEST resonator you can if you plan on upgrading your exhaust. I filmed my car from the outside today for the first time and I must say it sounds like a$$. Way too raspy for me. It's been said before and I'll say it again. Your car can sound sweet on the inside (mine), but it can be a whole different ball game on the outside lol. Save yourself time and money and do it right the first time. I'll post a clip as soon as possible so you can hear what I'm talking about.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:26 PM
^ I need to find someone to drive my car for me, lol. I'm wonderin' how mine sounds from outside... Shouldn't be too bad IMO, it's stock exhaust w/ the muffler cut off and a cherry bomb in it's place

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1105 MILES, $7500 OBO
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:56 PM
RAKSJ04 wrote:04 cavalier ecotec
5-speed.
custom cat back.
homemade intake
magnaflow stainless XL Dual mufflers. camaro tips
after the cat it is 2.5 after it spiltss it 2.25.

about $280 istalled

http://media.putfile.com/Magnaflow62

This is such a awesome post!! i want this exhaust bad!! this has to become a sticky. it is helped me alot, now i know what to do with my exhaust. Thanks!

What the deuce?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:38 PM
Let's keep this post going.

Here's mine
Pacesetter 4-1 Header
2.25" Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat
2.25" 18" Resonator
2.25" Magnaflow Dual

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:13 PM
I'd post mine except its raspy as hell, i dont really care what it sounds like as long as it does its job and gives better performance.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:14 PM
Can I ask why you used a video instead of a sound clip? Not a lot goin on there

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:19 PM
BradSk88 wrote: Can I ask why you used a video instead of a sound clip? Not a lot goin on there

That's a good question, I didn't really think that one through. Darkstars posted videos too though.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283

Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:59 AM
Admiral Jedi wrote:
BradSk88 wrote: Can I ask why you used a video instead of a sound clip? Not a lot goin on there

That's a good question, I didn't really think that one through. Darkstars posted videos too though.

I know mine are vids too A lot of peoples are actually. In my case, I don't know how to do just sound on my camera (if it's even possible), so that's why they were vids. Didn't feel like using an editing program to drop the vid portion either

Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:54 PM
Here's a couple of mine Out side car, sorry bout the radio., inside car window up,and long run 85% throttle with window down.

My set up is(in exact order it is installed): OBX Stainless header, Carsound stainless 2.25" highflow cat, thrush 24.5" glasspack, low kink(installer took extra time making sure pipe had smallest kinks possible) compression bent 2.25" pipe, Flowtech After burner chambered mufler with stainless resonated tip welded on end.

Sorry bout the mic quallity didn't realize it was that bad.
Monday, April 24, 2006 7:52 AM
Got a couple new vids of mine. Current set-up is Cherry Bomb w/ resonated tip on stock pipe. It's only idle vids from about 10ft away and than 2ft away

10 feet away
2 feet away

I don't know how to do non-vid with my camera, so yea. BTW the exhaust doesn't seem like much, but it was actually rattling the doorknob that goes into the house

Monday, April 24, 2006 5:18 PM
I have a 03 ecotec with a weapon r 4-2-1 header, a highflow cat, and a magnaflow fart can, I also have 2 1/4 stainless pipe from front to back, its the most bumble bee sounding thing on the earth, I dont have a sound clip but yall can take your dads or your own weed eater and remove the muffler, perferably a 2-stroke one, start it ur and hold the gas wide open, its kinda like that
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:25 PM
02 Sunfire - 2200

2.25" pipe
stock resonator
Hi Flow Cat
stock manifold (until Header is welded on)
Otto Racing (9" Body / 4"Tip) Fart Can

Muffler

BTW - the buzzing on that second rev is my WAI intake. For some reason it buzzes on the top end of the revs. It's not loose. It's just resonates.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:59 PM
1995 Sunfire 2.2 OHV

Pacesetetter Ceramic Coated Header - 24'' Magnaflow Resonator - Borla muffler. All connected with 2.25'' piping.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18946363/BorlaWithResonator.wmv.html
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:11 PM
Earl Rourk wrote:02 Sunfire - 2200

2.25" pipe
stock resonator
Hi Flow Cat
stock manifold (until Header is welded on)
Otto Racing (9" Body / 4"Tip) Fart Can

Muffler

BTW - the buzzing on that second rev is my WAI intake. For some reason it buzzes on the top end of the revs. It's not loose. It's just resonates.

WHy are you using the stock resonator on your car. I would have a smaller diameter than what you intalled.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:13 PM
mods are....

2.5 downpipe
2.5exhaust
no cat, no res
flowmaster 80

http://media.putfile.com/turbo-noise-76

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:02 PM
ajose - I'm not 100 percent sure about the exhaust. I bought the muffler with a 2.5" inlet, took it to a muffler shop and said I wanted 2.25" pipe ran from the cat to the muffler. After they put it up on the lift they tell me I already have 2.25" pipe and suggested I just get the muffler welded on. I believed him because he could have made more money off me, but didn't. Then I gat under the car to see how bad it was going to be to attach my muffler and see that there was fresh welds in front of the cat and that the cat was completely round and read Hi Flow on the body. There was a resonator after that, but looked like a large round style you see on cat back systems. So, in short I'm not sure what the last owner did. I guess they redid the entire exhaust and then took the muffler and header off when they sold it. I think there was a header on because I was missing two manifold studs on the right side.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:35 PM
Here's a clip of my old exhaust:

OBX 2.5" catback with stock header and cat.

http://media.putfile.com/OBX-Catback

My new setup is a lil deeper with the Magnaflow muffler. I will try to put that one up when I get the time to record it.

"Kneel before ZOD!!!"

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:28 AM
^^ BUMP

this thread cant die, its too helpful to those who want to know what any specific system sounds like...
Darkstars started a good thing here, so im gonna try and revive this... do with it what you will...
please keep this goin

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:53 AM
I guess I'll do my soon. All my future mods won't have anything to do with my exhaust sound. Post it up by this weekend hopefully.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:36 PM
Inside car 0-100mph

http://media.putfile.com/100mph64

That was half a year ago with a different set up.
AEM CAI
62mm TB
JBP Stage III Cams
Pacesetter 4-1 Headers
Custom 2.25 Exhaust
2.25 Test Pipe
Performance Muffler

I'll post up what it soon how it sounds with a high flow cat instead of a muffler, and I'm keeping this setup because of the torque difference.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Friday, July 21, 2006 9:14 PM
Alrighty, finally here's mine.

'03 sunfire, 2.2 Ecotec

For the parts that were used check the bottom of this page. Pipes are custom compression bent 2.25"
Header is on the list of things to come.

Here's the video. Clicky
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search