water temp and fan - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
water temp and fan
Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:25 AM
Hi I have a question about water temp gauge. I have just installed one and now my fan does not come turn on when it reaches high temp what should I do thanks.

Re: water temp and fan
Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:53 AM
maybe i can help you out! i experienced a similar problem a while back. A few months ago, i got into a car accident and had to rebuild the front of my car (hood, radiator, fan, ac condensor, intake manifold and windshield)

after i spent over 1,000$ and a lot of time rebuilding my z24, i found out the fan didnt come on at high temps. it was wierd because throughout the entire rebuild and testing, the fan came on with no problems.

then i started driving it, and the fan would never come on anymore. it never got past the 3/4 line, so it never overheated, but it still bothered me. then a few weeks ago, i heard some noise (like a fan) from under my hood, so i opened my hood and saw that my fan comes on now when it gets to the 1/4 mark, and it has been comming on and keeping my engine cooler ever since.

wierdest thing, but my advice is give it some time. maybe a few weeks. if it still doesnt start working, then maybe take the sensor and get another one, or buy a new fan....

i hope this helped, good luck!

Thursday, June 09, 2005 8:43 PM
thanks for the info but i forgot to tell u that it is an auto meter water temp gauge

Friday, June 10, 2005 9:30 AM
its prob hooked up wrong.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true."
Friday, June 10, 2005 9:37 AM
well if you unpluged the stock temp sender to put the autometer gague in

you now have no way to tell the computer how hot the motor is

the stock computer needs the temp sender to know whats going on for more than the fan control also , like fuel mapping , open/closed loop

Friday, June 10, 2005 7:19 PM
thanks for the info i will just put it on a switch

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:07 AM
Back from the dead

Where is the stock water temp sensor\sender? I need to hook this gauge up seeing my stock ECT doesnt work..

Thanks.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:27 AM
On a 2.4 it is on the drivers side of the engine. Below the cam towers (bottem of the head) where the hoses connect to the head.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:43 AM
John Higgins wrote:On a 2.4 it is on the drivers side of the engine. Below the cam towers (bottem of the head) where the hoses connect to the head.

Damnnn, thats right.. I remember now, never paid attention to that sender.. Thanks John,. Now i just need to know how to hook the the gauge up :p

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search