Synchronizer - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Synchronizer
Monday, January 09, 2006 7:18 PM
the synchronizers in my transmission has been meesing up i have a 2000 cavalier z24 where would be the best place to get one??

Re: Synchronizer
Monday, January 09, 2006 7:32 PM
Just get a new transmission, replacing the synchro's a full transmission rebuild, and just as expensive as a new one, you can find a low mileage replacement in a yard for a quarter of the price.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:08 AM
Eric Peterson wrote:the synchronizers in my transmission has been meesing up i have a 2000 cavalier z24 where would be the best place to get one??
if you think that you have no choice but to replace the trans. Try 2-3oz of rear end LSD/posi additive to some fresh atf in the trans before you go throwing money at it. the posi additive will allow the syncro to spool up allowing it to shift into gear. The neon and focus guys run it in their 5speeds to make them shift better.

see ya!

Friday, January 20, 2006 1:50 AM
I just did amsoil ATF with 2.50z of lsd additive. the shifting is smooth as silk i even had a guy at work drive my car and tell me what he thinks about the suspension and brakes. he came back and said that he wished that is car shifted that smooth. and he has a sport package 04cav

see ya!

Friday, January 20, 2006 11:45 PM
Saturday, January 21, 2006 2:48 PM
Hey,

what is LS additive? Who makes it ? Where can I buy it?

Thanks, and take care,

Will

Real Cars ( and Trucks. ) Have 3 Pedals, 2 Shifters, and No Sparkplugs!!
Saturday, January 21, 2006 3:45 PM
William Bos wrote:Hey,

what is LS additive? Who makes it ? Where can I buy it?

Thanks, and take care,

Will
limited slip gear oil additive. CRC. it's called trans-X. you can get it at just about any autoparts store. i love to drive my car now!

see ya!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 3:59 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search