Cavalier hood VS. Sunfire hood - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier hood VS. Sunfire hood
Thursday, August 09, 2007 7:20 PM
Ok guys I need some input here.....

I know it will take some modifying to do....... but just how different are the two hoods?

What im looking to do is modify my turbo sport hood to fit on a sunfire... evil eyes and all...... So what kind of difficulty am I looking at?

Re: Cavalier hood VS. Sunfire hood
Thursday, August 09, 2007 7:52 PM
the main difference is at the headlight edge. the hinges and latch are in the same location, so if no one chimes in, if possible, bolt up the hood to the hinges and carefully let it latch w/out closing it all the way. that should allow enough clearance to see where it needs to be modified.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:06 PM
the sunfire hood is shorter than the cav hoods, so itll be easier to convert a cav to a fire hood. basically, youre just cutting on it. as kardain said, the hinges and hood latch are in the same place.

although, check out www.classglassperformance.com they offer a sunfire turbo sport hood with evil eyes already on the hood.

Friday, August 10, 2007 4:04 AM
(tabs) wrote:the sunfire hood is shorter than the cav hoods, so itll be easier to convert a cav to a fire hood. basically, youre just cutting on it. as kardain said, the hinges and hood latch are in the same place.

although, check out www.classglassperformance.com they offer a sunfire turbo sport hood with evil eyes already on the hood.

thanks....... but i love the Gravana hood and wanna try to be a little different

Friday, August 10, 2007 5:03 AM
its not gravana its carbonbydesign you just got it from cbd through gravana

after looking at em, go for it. id get a sunfire hood first tho.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 10, 2007 5:21 AM

Saturday, August 11, 2007 7:10 PM
Well went to check out the fitment today and its not going to be as easy as i thought...... lots of cutting and glassing

but im up to the challenge

Saturday, August 11, 2007 11:00 PM
heres a possible tip for you: if you have both a cav and a fire hood, lay the fire hood on top of the cav hood and trace the general outline of where you need to cut. that would probably save you a ton of work.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 11:22 PM
thats what i was thinking get the general outline cut out then you can get it on a trim lil by lil till it fits and closes

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search