FART CAN? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FART CAN?
Sunday, May 03, 2009 11:12 AM
if i put this on my 98 z24... does anybody have an idea if this will sound like the typical fart can

Spec & Features:

-Made by Best Quality 100% SUS 304 Aluminum Stainless Steel- Muffler used in the Auto Performance Industry Today
-High Quality and Polish Finish
-Strong and Deep Tone, Not Loud But Noticeable
-Quality Made and Design
-High Flow Design for Max Performance

Dimension: Inlet/ Tip Size:

2.5" Inlet, 4" Tip, 17" Tip to Tip Long, 5" Width

Blacked Out z24
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32942255@N05/

Re: FART CAN?
Sunday, May 03, 2009 11:26 AM
of course it will..

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Sunday, May 03, 2009 11:32 AM
well then is there any exhaust or muffler out there that wont sound like a pos

Blacked Out z24
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32942255@N05/

Sunday, May 03, 2009 12:15 PM
yeah. a real muffler. anything shaped like what you posted is going to sound pretty much the same.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, May 03, 2009 12:30 PM

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Sunday, May 03, 2009 12:33 PM

If I put this fart can on my car, will it sound like a fart can? did you really just ask that?

I wonder if I put a hood on my car... with it still be a hood?

Sunday, May 03, 2009 2:58 PM
ebay fart can...

come on now... really?

Eat my shift
Sunday, May 03, 2009 5:19 PM
LOL @ EcoCav, easy its "-Made by Best Quality 100% SUS 304 Aluminum Stainless Steel" so it has to sound good.... hahaha

Sunday, May 03, 2009 5:23 PM
I can hear the bumblebees now,lol

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, May 03, 2009 6:56 PM
it will sounds like @!#$. Buy a real muffler like a Magnaflow and be done with it.

Sunday, May 03, 2009 7:47 PM
Anyone ever run any apexi muffler's on a ecotec? i heard one on a 94 prelude, and it sounded quiet enough at idle not to cause attention, but it roared at WOT. this is exactly what i want

besides (the obvious) 'X-force' type mufflers with the throttle body mechanisms , can anyone recommend a suitable muffler for my needs?

i've also seen an apexi product with the throttle body thing, they call it ECV- Exhaust Control Valve

http://www.apexi-usa.com/images/?id=5915

your thoughts on those.....

2005 sunfire
AEM CAI
4-2-1 header
2.5 custom exhaust
magnflow cat 2.5
muffler ???

Sunday, May 03, 2009 8:19 PM
an Apexi muffler probably has better packing and the out side diameter of the muffler its self might be larger but its probably going to sound about the same.. BECAUSE ITS STILL A FART CAN! theres no chambers just 2.5" (or what ever) strait through then it opens up to like 4"

if anything get a cherry-bomb if your looking for a muffler that's a strait through design because there's more area opened up for sound deadening.

Or look at the Hooker Aerochambered mufflers (im rockin one of those and it sounds bad ass!)

Sunday, May 03, 2009 8:34 PM
I would get a muffler that... er.... muffles, really. Dynomax on 2.5" piping if you're in it for performance, something equally expensive and high quality even if you aren't. Fart cans always sound like my toilet after taco Tuesday, regardless of who makes it, or if it's throttled.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, May 03, 2009 8:47 PM
i've got a cherry bomb on my '99 sunfire and it doesn't sound too bad

Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:10 PM
Mo Joe wrote:Anyone ever run any apexi muffler's on a ecotec? i heard one on a 94 prelude, and it sounded quiet enough at idle not to cause attention, but it roared at WOT. this is exactly what i want

besides (the obvious) 'X-force' type mufflers with the throttle body mechanisms , can anyone recommend a suitable muffler for my needs?

i've also seen an apexi product with the throttle body thing, they call it ECV- Exhaust Control Valve

http://www.apexi-usa.com/images/?id=5915

your thoughts on those.....

2005 sunfire
AEM CAI
4-2-1 header
2.5 custom exhaust
magnflow cat 2.5
muffler ???
dynomax superturbo. it WILL outflow the x-force muffler, AND is pretty quiet, until you're at WOT.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:44 PM
SS-J wrote:an Apexi muffler probably has better packing and the out side diameter of the muffler its self might be larger but its probably going to sound about the same.. BECAUSE ITS STILL A FART CAN! theres no chambers just 2.5" (or what ever) strait through then it opens up to like 4"

if anything get a cherry-bomb if your looking for a muffler that's a strait through design because there's more area opened up for sound deadening.

Or look at the Hooker Aerochambered mufflers (im rockin one of those and it sounds bad ass!)

I always wondered when the fart pipe craze erupted why anyone would pay the premium for one instead of getting a $25 Cherry Bomb when they're both straight through glasspacks for the most part. I mean you can buy a big ole 4" tip at the parts store for near nothing if you wan't it to look like you have a Folger's can for an exhaust.

Agree with Rich on the superturbo. They get loud without a resonator/glasspack at WOT (this is with a header, high flow cat, and 2 1/4" piping in my case), but I still think it sounds better than a fart can. Personally I like the stock looking (although bigger) turndown on mine over a flashy chrome tip.

Saturday, May 09, 2009 8:03 PM
SS-J wrote:an Apexi muffler probably has better packing and the out side diameter of the muffler its self might be larger but its probably going to sound about the same.. BECAUSE ITS STILL A FART CAN! theres no chambers just 2.5" (or what ever) strait through then it opens up to like 4"

Apexi World Sport 2 in your eye!!!
Monday, May 11, 2009 9:25 AM
I have an Apexi fart can with a cherry bomb glasspack resonator right behind it. It used to fart pretty bad without the resonator, but now it actually sounds decend.

Monday, May 11, 2009 11:44 AM
im running

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/17733/10002/-1

and not res or cat.... it sounds great at idle. if you got one with a Res it would be a great alternative to the Fart can and not so expensive

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:01 AM
I have the SR*S full catback system installed on my j and absolutely love it. You can get them on eBay all day long. I ended up negotiating the price down to $160 shipped. NO RICE SOUND AT ALL! Sounds like there is a v8 under the hood instead of a quad.

If you want a vid clip to verify, I can make one for ya. Either way, I HIGHLY recommend this system for the price.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:16 AM
I looked in your profile but you don't have any exhaust mods that I could see... If you really want the fart can look but don't want that rice-raspy buzz, put a generic 2.5" glass-pack (cherry-bomb, purple hornies, etc.) right behind the catalytic converter, run your 2.5" pipe, and weld that sucker on there!

Earlier today I rehashed my exhaust system. Long story short(ish), I kept the stock cat back piping but replaced the stock resonator with a no-name 20" glasspack and added a 3" slash cut tip (recessed it into the back bumper about 2", looks killer!) Now its less than half the volume with about the same tone and absolutely NO rice-rasp! My header arrives tomorrow and I plan to put on a full 2.5" system: Header--->cat--->glasspack--->v-band after rear twistbeam--->glasspack--->HOOKER Headers '520-21431' Tip---> {whenever I can gather all the pieces}

To restate, I vote for the fartcan as long as you put on the longest glasspack you can fit so it doesn't sound like a pile of bee sh*t! Oh yeah, hang it well and make it look decent! I know I'm not alone in saying I'm sick and tired of all these terrible looking fart can installs...

Just my 42cents...

ZZZZZZZ

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:38 PM
cherry bomb turbo*
Friday, May 15, 2009 12:55 AM
i got a 97 quad 4, what would be a good muffler for me? i dont want any fart can but i want it to sound good but also be quite on the interior, cause my wife also drives my car
Friday, May 15, 2009 7:29 AM
donovan simison wrote:i got a 97 quad 4, what would be a good muffler for me? i dont want any fart can but i want it to sound good but also be quite on the interior, cause my wife also drives my car

Dynomax Super Turbo or a chambered Magnaflow paired up with a resonator that is atleast 18" long right after your cat.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:39 AM
My magnaflow is straight through and it sounds pretty dang good. Slightly an oval shape tho.

I was tempted to put on a can awhile back just to see how it would sound. Had a cobalt SS fly by the other day with dual fart cans and it sounded bad ass!

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search